Monday, August 13, 2007

update

Just for the record, I ain't done yet. Last week I took a business trip to New Jersey, a place called Forest Lakes, just a short ways from New York City. I went for some training at the Gleebar Corp., they manufacture the equipment I work with. The training went well, we actually finished early and I had time on Thursday afternoon to drive into New York and check it out. I have to say I felt strange there, a feeling kind of like claustrophobia came over me as I walked around parts of the city, I could really feel the constriction of space around me, the press of humanity. I guess I've taken the wide open spaces out here in the west for granted. Now I'm ready for more camping, I want to be somewhere where there's nobody for 1 to 2 miles around me.

No comments: